Cracks in the Concrete is a weekend-long event held from May 13-15, 2011 that will be showcasing teach-in/learn-in workshops, skill-sharing, discussion and strategizing that aims to inspire, strengthen and connect groups and individuals working on poverty issues in Victoria, on Lekwungen, Esquimalt and WSANEC territories.
This is a free event open to all members of the community seeking to engage in discussion surrounding alternative education, anti-poverty, anti-colonialism, guerrilla art, health, social media, and radical environmentalism. Check out the finer details and workshops schedule at www.cracksintheconcrete.org!
In working towards creating as much accessibility as possible, the event will be serving free food, and upon request, will provide travel subsidies, childcare, ASL interpreters and spoken languages translators, and billeting for those coming from out of town.
Deliciously radical, yes?
A transformative movement is a collective movement. This event is organized by volunteers and it’s through their graciously appreciated time and energies that Cracks in the Concrete can provide greater accessibility for its participants! However, we are still in search for volunteers to help with the following tasks:
- Providing billeting for out of town participants and workshop facilitators
- Postering and outreach
- Cooking and food serving (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday)
- Setting up an art space/chill-out room
- Working at the door (welcoming, providing information and offering bus tickets)
- ASL interpreters and language translators
- Media assistants (audio, photo, and video recording)
- Workshop assistants (set-up and errand runs)
Any help would be appreciated! For more information or to sign-up to volunteer, please contact Khalilah at *firstname.lastname@example.org*